Saturday, July 13, 2013

We're Home

Finally. Finally. Finally I wrote a new blog post :)



finally got some grass
And we are in our new home. I'll breeze through the past six months I have skipped over on here. We finished up our stay at my in-laws from Jan to April and moved into our house on April 5th. Sadie finished Kindergarten this year and we are savoring our summer before the new school year starts again. Man, summer feels so much shorter now that school lurks around the corner.





Sadie's first and last day of Kindergarten




I'm trying to juggle putting the house together with having fun activities for the kids and all the regular SAHM daily chores. Got the first floor and garage painted and moved onto the second floor painting. Still have 459,904,333 little things to do around the house. I'll probably finish right before we decide to move again :)





kitchen...obviously 


mud wall we made in lieu of closet



















 





Let's not get into that. I never expected it to be so hard for me to move emotionally.  The whole time we stayed at my in-laws I never went back to our old neighborhood to see our friends. It hurt my heart to drive near my old home filled with so many good memories of my family, my babies. I thought it would all vanish once I finally got into my new home. Nope. I cried the first few weeks alone. I hated this new home with no memories, no connections, the lonely feeling...It was not my old house and I did not like that. Now that I am painting and decorating and making it feel like it's my home it's a little easier. It just really threw me for a loop. I'm just hoping I never have to move again...I can't imagine how my emotions will react to that.

As far as our stay at the in-laws goes, I will copy what I posted on facebook awhile back:

"My in laws were so fearful that we would break one of their irreplaceable cups, or throw up at their house over our 6 month stay. Well, I'd like to stay our stay was a success! No broken irreplaceable cups. No one threw up. 
Although. We MAY have:
- put a hole in a bedroom door
- overflowed a toilet so it leaked through the finished basement ceiling
- broke an irreplaceable bowl
- completely dirtied their fabric kitchen chairs
- left the front door wide open
- dropped mail outside to be found blowing around
- stained the hallway wall with Vaseline fingerprints the whole way down
- stained kids bedroom carpet with red and blue craft paint
- markers stained on the kids wall

BUT--- we didnt break the irreplaceable cups my in laws were so worried about and no one threw up, so, it was a SUCCESS!! "

We made it though! I by "we" I mean my in-laws and my family! Now that it's over it feels like nothing though. 6 months goes quick and is quickly forgotten! 

What else....Brett and I have officially been married 9 YEARS!! Isn't that old feeling? 9 years, 2 kids, 2 homes later....and here we are. Old married folks at the ripe age of 31. Last year we went to Dorney Park for our anniversary, this year we went to a comedy show, Kevin Nealon. It was so much fun! I love laughing with my husband :) Now what to do for the big 1-0 next year? I say alone trip somewhere? Yup, sounds good to me. 




I am sure this post is all over the place...like me the last 6 months. So much I missed on here...hopefully you follow on facebook or instagram and you wont' have missed a beat! 
Now that I have my computer up and running in the new house I should be able to post more! I know, you can barely handle it! 

The writing is all over the place with the pics in this post...I am too busy to fix it right now :) I'll get better. I promise. And all these pics are iphone pics and downloaded so nicely on the computer...again...too tired to worried about it right now. All in all, this past year has been tiring and emotional. Which can only mean this next year should be relaxing and fun right??

No comments: