Friday, January 4, 2013

It's that time of year again...

This Christmas was a little bit different for us this year. A little less stressful for me since I didn't have to decorate or get my house ready this year. Nice, and a little sad, but mainly nice. This is the first year we did not cut down a tree. So here are some pics to document our first year decorating a fake tree!
I took the kids to some Christmas activities. The Johanna Furnace was really cool. Tractor ride, nativity, bonfire, crafts to buy, and a light maze. Will remember to go next year. For $5 you cant beat it.
There were alpacas there too. Big surprise, these things are at every event we go to! But this one, oh he loved Bryer's hat. In this pic he was starting to chew on the ball on top of Bryer's hat. Bryer had no idea.

Our
The first of our Christmas' was at GG's house with my Dad and Ada. The kids were getting so wound up waiting for the presents. They starting chanting "Presents Now! Presents Now!" I just love how the Christmas spirit exudes from my children. You know, the real meaning of Christmas!

Although I can't entirely blame my kids. Uncle Jer may have been conducting them.
It was awesome seeing Jer! After 5 months of being at school, he came back. To bad we don't have a house for him to stay at. Next year...

Sadie already digging into her gifts. You can't keep this girl away from a good working book!

See Bryer's excitement? Ohhhh a puzzle!


                                          And a new backpack from GG! Can't beat it.  He looks so grown up...like a real pre-schooler. So soon he will be! And I'll be an empty nester. Say what??
Christmas Eve Sadie got a special email from Santa. So did Bryer. My goodness though...the emails are basically the same, so you can't let one child watch the other child's email video or their email wont seem so special anymore!



Brett and I also did something special and romantic on Christmas Eve. Target shooting. Yup. Red neck hillbillies over here ya'll. It was the perfect time to sharpen our aim at any potential  harm do-ers. I have to pat myself on the back. I had a nice shot in the middle of his face and right in his junk. I was aiming folks. Hit him where it counts. My other shots? I hit the target, somewhere. 
Brett is a rock star though. He groups well. No doubt he would destroy anyone who entered our home. So sweet! 



Christmas Eve night was time with Mom Mom and Pop Pop. Like always. The excitement begins. The present overload continues. No matter how many times I try to make sure my kids dont get too much...somehow it still happens!


Had to keep this picture for Daddy to always see how much his little girl wants a dog. Hint. Hint.
Christmas morning with my 5 year old and 2 year old.
  
                               Off to Mema's house for another Christmas!

Like this pic...do not like indoor Christmas pictures....at all....ever....really, not really....need to stop taking Iphone pics.







Here is a video of the "Presents Now" featured song. 



















Another Christmas down. Only 350-some days till the next one!
Next year we will be in our new home :)

No comments: