Sunday, October 28, 2012

Strasburg....right ahead!

We are finding fun stuff to do every weekend as a family while we are in transit. Last weekend? First family visit to Strasburg railroad.

Sometimes I regret letting her pick her outfits. Choosing to let it go and remember how creative she is :)

All excitement as the train pulls up!

Didn't want to forget my baggage...

Phone photos are best.

Trying to get myself in one picture for the memory books.

The views of lancaster county really are something else. I could not not have this in my life. And the smell of manure? I couldn't live without that too. For real. I think I really do like it.

 Choosing to remember the great views and not the whining of how much longer the ride will be. The slow....long....ride. Nope. I remember the pretty views!
Good memories of the kids running through the train yard. 

 Moving on to other fun activities. Dress up. Cutest. Kid. In. The. Nursery.
He may or may not like dressing up. 
He likes it. (typical pic of Sadie here)

 Going to the park in Elverson. Another beautiful scenic area.
Racing to the tree. Sadie had a head start. 

Go Bryer Go!

It's a close call. Bryer is willing her to trip.

Sadie wins. Of course. And Bryer throws down a tantrum. Of course. Look at his face? Says it all! Two year olds....
 Had to share my girls talent. Monkey bar champ over here. This is her daily exercise. She does it all day at school and constantly at the park. Daddy taught her how and now she is non stop. Blistered hands and all. And this is not one time ladies and gentlemen. This is probably her six time going across in a row on this video...and she went about five more times after this. The gallons of milk she has been drinking every day of her life has really paid off.
  


Another last minute activity. Visiting my old house. I lived right near it for years out in Denver and finally decided to find it the other day. I lived here till I was in Kindergarten. I remember some things so vividly about this house. The big rock we played on outside underneath the leafy tree to the left. Look hard. You cant' see it, but it's there. The horrid fruit trees in the back yard we were made to pick up after. All that delicious rotted fruit on the ground. And my most favorite memory, riding my big wheel down the big hill and flying off and scraping my knees. Now that I see the hill again...lets just say it's not a hill. Maybe a slope, if you stretch it. 

I guess it was trash night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you are having lots of fun weekend activities! Loved the "baggage" picture. Somehow I missed that when we were there over a year ago. Sadie does great with her outfits and I liked Bryer's shirt too ;)