Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pandora bracelet got nothing...

...on Sadie's bracelet.
Handmade kid jewelry is the best. Sadie got a shrinky dink kit for Christmas and we got into this week. Wow. Like, whoa. These things are neat! They really do shrink up a ton. I couldn't help but stare into the oven for the entire 3 minutes it took every time we put another tray in. Sadie, bored after watching twice. Me, nope. Too cool. First they start to curl up everywhere, and you get all worried they are getting warped or are going to fold over and stick to themselves. Nail biting I tell ya. But then, oh then they flatten back out as they simultaneously shrink to a third of their size.
Should've taken pics huh?

Sadie turned a few of her gems into a her very own pandora bracelet. Jingling every where she went. Add a few necklaces into the mix, a keychain for her purse, a book bag, and you've got a full blown walking musical. I'm sure she couldn't have been more excited to wear her new accessories to the movies with Daddy. I'm sure Daddy was just as excited to hear her jingling all the way.


After filling her up on slushies and popcorn at the movies, I'm sure to make her work it off.
Now you know my secret of keeping her slender ;)



1 comment:

Nancy said...

Cool jewelry making kit! I especially like the key chain idea. You are doing a great job at preparing Sadie for insanity workouts! She is so slender that I doubt she'll ever have to work out for weight purposes.